The Playpal is a warm and energetic individual who supports fabulous, kid-directed play. They personalize each play space and engage all our “friends”’ (our customers) – children and adults alike – in creating more moments of play, every day. The Playpal’s role is to nurture thoughtful states of play for kids, and to proactively manage the play spaces to ensure the safety and comfort of all guests, in a way that stimulates and enriches continued play. The ideal Playpal is a patient multitasker who:
- Makes the experience fun
- Understands and encourages all types of children
- Amplifies the social and emotional learning of children who come to play with us: confidence, creative problem solving, empathy, collaboration, resilience
- Fosters skill-building in STEAM, languages, music, creativity, gross and fine motor capacities
- Shares information and experience with parents about their child’s individual interests and strengths, in fun and inspiring ways
- Maintains and optimizes the toys & play system for each play space
Your responsibilities as a Playpal include, but are not limited to:
- Introduce & Facilitate Play
- Introduce children and parents to the play spaces.
- Facilitate both guided and unguided play experiences with control over the activities, organizing games, choreography, dancing, and other interactions.
- Orient the children and parents to the various play spaces, so they see the possibilities for play and can choose where to begin.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the space.
- Support play that nurtures child development for ages 1-12.
- Help Kids
- Confidently explore their world, i.e. allowing children to explore their curiosity and interact in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Ignite their unique challenger spirit, i.e. fostering each child’s innate energy, passion and skills in the ways they play, experiment and compete.
- Imagine all the possibilities, i.e. inspiring children to learn more, see more and try more through truly imaginative play environments.
- Foster friendships, i.e. empowering children to work together with their peers and families to foster sharing and support.
- Capture their creativity, i.e. helping children communicate their stories via art, music, dance, crafts, animation and storytelling.
- Boldly build the future, i.e. enabling children to build, construct, game and move in fun ways that amplify their confidence.
- Help Parents / Caregivers
- Partake in play, i.e. reconnecting with their youthful spirit and play alongside their child in ways that work for them.
- Embrace new communities, i.e. connecting them with fellow members of their community to socialize and create lasting bonds.
- Parent with confidence, i.e. educating parents to be the best they can be, furthering their skills in developing their child’s strengths and opportunity areas.
- Relax and regroup, i.e. inspiring parents to immerse themselves in a calming, fulfilling environment that helps them enjoy their experiences.
- Be productive, i.e. empowering parents to prioritize their personal productivity so they can be even more present when parenting.
- Take home new inspiration, i.e. enabling parents to translate their child’s learning and play patterns from the experience to their home environment.
At Kefi we aspire to be fun, great at making personal connections, unburdening, safe, clean, and everyday special. We also have some specific qualifications we are looking for in our Playpals:
- Strong personal associations with the joys of play, i.e. Kefi
- At least 3-5 years in childhood development or care (e.g., teaching, early childhood education, camp counseling, tutoring, babysitting, etc.).
- Energy and stamina to engage with children during multi-hour shifts and day parts.
- Proven track record of superior organization and multitasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with young children, parents and team members.
- Ability to apply behavior management techniques to ensure a caring, positive, and fun experience for children and adults.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict mediation.
- Outstanding customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly with a team, in a highly charged, ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrate key competencies including initiative, teamwork, cooperation, preparedness, professionalism, and flexibility.
- Available to work as scheduled during the hours of operation
- A college education is highly preferred
- Willingness and ability to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
Join a passionate, energetic team to create special everyday experiences to unlock potential in kids, forever impact families, and ultimately unite communities around the premise of play. Each day looks different, but you can always count on an inspiring work environment where your personal journey is invested in with intentional development opportunities, competitive compensation and generous benefits for a well-rounded life of adventure and impact. Work and play don’t have to be exclusive; work can be Kefi: a joy that must be experienced to understand.
Compensation & Work Hours
$12+ per hour. No more than 28 hours/week.
Kefi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kefi is a modern family club where kids and parents can relax, work, and play. Parents can use the adult-only spaces for guilt-free me-time or join their kids in unstructured play. The play spaces are designed to develop kids’ confidence, creativity, and collaboration skills. Kefi is a gathering spot where families of all types can come to get recharged in an imaginative, one-of-a-kind space, intentionally designed for their unique needs.